Public Hearing for Governance Document Amendment
Please join us on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. on ZOOM to give us your comments on this proposed amendment to our Governance Document. This amendment is to address an issue that has come up with USDA Rural Development regarding funding for projects. You can download the meeting flyer and the full Governance Document with the proposed amendment highlighted on page 15 below. You may also provide written comments to the Board at email@example.com until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14, 2021. This proposed amendment will be an agenda item for the Board of Directors Meeting at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 19, 2021.
QUORUM NOTICE: A quorum of the Lower Rio Grande PWWA Board of Directors may attend this meeting. No board business will be discussed, and no board action will be taken at this meeting.
COVID19 Precautions for Public Health/Workforce Safety
- The Lower Rio Grande PWWA has options to pay your bills from home, either online or by phone, so please consider utilizing them or the drop boxes located at each of our offices
- Our offices were closed to the public except by appointment from March 26 to May 15, 2020, and our Mesquite office is now open and following social distancing, mask-wearing, and cleaning guidelines from the State of NM. Our La Mesa office remains closed to the public, and our Berino office is closed.
- Please follow the guidance from the NM Department of Health to keep yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy
- Water & Wastewater Utilities are deemed “Essential” under the NM DOH CoVid-19 Public Health Orders, and we will are hard at work while taking precautions for everyone’s health and safety
- We are endeavoring to keep surfaces clean in our offices, so please do your part by following good hygiene practices like hand washing, covering coughs, maintaining distance from others and avoiding handshaking, etc.
For more information:
The Governor Richardson, Lopez, Olmos, Trejo COVID-19
Emergency Fund for the Southern Colonias of Doña Ana County
The fund will offer applicants a one-time check – $150 for individuals or households without children and $300 for individuals or households with one or more children. Families may use this cash assistance for groceries, medical bills, rent, utilities, car repairs, or whatever emergency expenses they might have due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There are eligibility requirements based on location and income. For more information and to apply, click here to visit the Community Action Agency of Southern NM website.
SUPERINTENDENT OF INSURANCE, ATTORNEY GENERAL WARN ABOUT COVID-19 SCAMS
“The New Mexico Office of Superintendent of Insurance (“Superintendent”) and the New Mexico Office of the Attorney General are warning businesses and consumers that conartists and scammers are taking advantage of the panic, fear and confusion surrounding the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic, and have intensified efforts to defraud and steal… ” Download the full press release at the link below:
For Those Dealing With Increased Stress & Family Issues:
Pressures from the spread of COVID-19, lost work, and kids at home longer can lead to desperation. But no matter how frantic we feel, don’t take it out on our kids. If you feel like you’re losing control call CYFD at 855-333-7233. For the sake of your family – make the call.
Here is the link: https://tinyurl.com/coloniastudy
2021 Local Election November 2, 2021
Terms for four directors representing Districts 3, 4, 5 & 7 will expire in 2021. See the Board & Elections page for information about the 2021 election.
Click here to add your own text